Easy kernel recompile

DOlson

I based this tutorial off my own experiences and a method posted by someone else... I wanna say thayne, but I'm not sure... It might have been arusabal... If you know who it was, I'll give them credit on the site, just notify me with the link to the thread that I'm thinking of...

Anyhow, here is the tutorial:

http://mdkxp.by-a.com/htm/tutorials/mdkkernel.php

Nice!

Looking at your tut, I don't think it was arusabal. I don't recall ever seeing arusabal

say;

rm -f linux

I could be wrong though.

I didn't just copy and paste their info into a tutorial, I have been working on and refining it myself over the last few months.

I didn't just copy and paste their info into a tutorial, I have been working on and refining it myself over the last few months.
I know, you stated that in the tut. So then, why did you say;
If you know who it was, I'll give them credit on the site, just notify me with the link to the thread that I'm thinking of...

I mean, how are we to know? It has to be based on the tut right?

Is "I didn't just copy and paste their info into a tutorial, I have been working on and refining it myself over the last few months." going to be your response to all?

I'm really not trying to give you a hard time, I just really don't understand how we're suppose to know, if you don't, and if it's not based on the commands. Why not just email them with a link to the tut and ask? :wink:

It's not based on ALL of the commands. I'm saying, SOMEONE posted something about recompiling the kernel. I looked at what they said, and I used that as a BASE to go from. Once I mastered my own method, then I wrote the tutorial. That means that, not EVERY line of the tutorial was taken word for word from the post.

You know what? Just nevermind, I shouldn't have even mentioned it. If that person wants any credit for helping me with my initial learning, they'll contact me. Or I just may search when I get time.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest HaloScan

This tut works well. Thanks DOlson.

One question: After I've done the tutorial, if I want to add or remove one thing in the kernel (make menuconfig), is it possible to have the kernel only compile what has changed/added instead of compiling every single thing all over again?