eth1 and eth0 are mixed up

Guest Yesterday

Guest Yesterday

Somehow in the last few hours I've lost functionality of my wireless card. It appears that the card isn't being initialized. I'm using MDK 9 on a Toshiba 5105-S701. At boot, my system hangs at 'bringing up interface: eth1' which is the wireless card (I also have RJ45 connection, eth0). The card is PCMCIA, but PCMCIA cards aren't initialized until after network interfaces for some reason.

In netconf, network adapter 1 is eth0 and has no kernel module loaded; network adapter 2 is eth1 and has e100 for kernel module.

When the PCMCIA section loads at boot it says that it's using wvlan as the kernel module, but for eth1.

So netconf says that eth0 is the wifi card, but the boot messages say that it's eth0. Am I just reading it wrong or what?

Any ideas on what happened?

PS, I did install the firewall under the Security section of drakconf but it is currently configured to permit all connections.

Please help, I'm back in Micro$hackles for now!

The first nic, that he finds, get's eth0, independent, if there are net-up.eth0 scripts. The same with DSL.

So you have to be sure, to bring up Ethernet BEFORE PCMCIA.

He configures pcmcia automatically, what brought up your problem, i think...