Gaim 0.68

Guest vs77

This is the first time I have faced this problem with gaim. Other than for AIM I am not able to sign on to yahoo or msn. I get the error message "unable to read".

Do I need to configure something specially? On my friends m/c I was able to login but get kicked out after about a couple of seconds and the gaim shuts prematurely

For msn at least, you will need to update to gaim 0.71 ro 0.72. Do a search on the forums for gaim 0.71 and you will find links to rpms. Microsoft changed their protocol to prevent third party clients from using msn, this is why you need to upgrade.

I have no idea about yahoo though.

I tried installing 0.71 and 0.72. But there was a lot of dependancy issues and got messages that a newer version was installed and that I had to remove some applications in order to install this one. How do I go about doing that without uninstalling other apps? :oops:

I tried installing 0.71 and 0.72. But there was a lot of dependancy issues and got messages that a newer version was installed and that I had to remove some applications in order to install this one. How do I go about doing that without uninstalling other apps? :oops:

I don't know if there is a way of doing it wihout uninstalling the other apps, but what I would do is write down the name of the apps to be uninstalled then uninstall them and then reinstall them after you've installed Gaim.

Edited by Gnubie

The urpmi thing worked (I have a complimentary membership to the mandrake club which I just realized !!!!!!!! :joker: ). I just installed from there. But the funny thing was even though it gave a host of error regarding compatibility and version stuff it finally did install and everything works

Thanks for your help