reboot missing

bardinjw

hi,

when i log out of kde i usually get the login screen with "username" in a list and "reboot" and "halt" buttons at the bottom. when i select "reboot" i get a blank box and selecting "ok" does nothing.

does anyone know where the program, conifg.file, or script is for this; so i can fix/replace it? it's just an annoyance.

"shutdown -r now" works

"reboot" works

mandrake 9.1

thanks

I must admit that I never fixed this problem. I just switched to gdm, and then I stopped even going back to the log in screen. I always reboot or shut down from a terminal now. B)

If you are using kdm (not mdk-kdm), try looking in the kde control center -> System -> Login manager. You will need to click on the Admimistrator mode and enter your root password to change stuffs though.

Although I kind of in the same boat with Ix. I am an older-school person. I always boot to init 3 (console mode, no X) and use startx to start X-windows. To reboot, I quit X then type the command in console.

I had a problem that was close to yours. When I logged out, it would bypass kdm and go to console which I didn't want. I cold reboot and shut off from console, but didn't want to do that. I googled and searched and didn't find an answer. I ended up switching to gdm and has worked fine every since. It looks nicer to!