LFS 5.0 Released!

Finally! LFS 5.0 has been released today!

Here is the official announcement:

Gerard Beekmans - 2003/11/05

The Linux From Scratch community is pleased to announce the release of LFS-5.0. This major milestone features a new method with strong emphasis on building a correct compilation environment and base libraries independent from the host system. Release 5.0 features the Linux kernel version 2.4.22, the GNU C Library (glibc) 2.3.2, the GNU Compiler Collection (gcc) 3.3.1 and a bootloader change from LILO to GRUB, amongst other package upgrades. The book's explanatory texts have also been enhanced, providing an even richer learning experience while you build your own customised, hand-crafted Linux installation.

wooohoooo!, now i only need some pkg management for it! :cheesy:

EDIT :oops: forgot the link:

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Edited by sud_crow

Yes it is!

Forgot to mention, im on dial up and started the download about 2 hours ago, i think i will have it by tomorrow (i have to hung in a couple of hours and resume later) night.

Also i think i will have it running in a couple of weeks, with a bit of good luck, i have to study for some coming exams... ( :help: )

Anyway, as soon as i get it running (a friend will be doing it also) i will post a review, i always wanted to do a Linux Distro review... :afro: