No login screen after logging out of a WM

spiedra

After shutting down some services, I no longer get the k login screen after logging out of a WM; however, when I boot the pc, it appears and I am able to select the user and WM. I turned all the services back on in hopes of trying to get the login screen to come back after logging out of a WM so I can select another user or WM, but that's failed. I didn't see an option in kcontrol to make that come up after log out. Any clues?

Thanks for replying. I did have the log out confirm option checked, for just curiosity sake, in session mgmt, I set everything back to default as well as login mgr. It didn't change any settings because I pretty much left everything in drfault, but it fixed the problem. More specifacally the problem was on logout, it was going straight to console. Thanks for the help :thumbs:

Edited by spiedra

Thanks for the replys guys. Everything is fixed now. dm was enabled, as well as all services that I could turn on and still was working properly. I ended up switching from kdm to gdm after I was told kdm had been known to do that and it works great. I'm getting my wife to convert to Linux and didn't want her to feel intimated with console, so I wanted her to avoid that as much as possible until she gets more comfortable with it. She's a gui girl. Thanks again!