LDAP, first steps HELP!!!

qeldroma

OpenOffice RPMs don't have LDAP support. There are issues with this, the OpenOffice people jump through hoops to get it to work, and no-one else seems to be able to (incl RH).

But, Evo and gq work for me. Are you sure your settings are right?

Oh, i have got OOffice working so far, to accept my ldap server and to show the root-object.

But that's all.

In evolution:

Which Parameter do i have to paste in which field in the dialog for LDAP?

Could you perhaps post a screenshot of your settings dialog for that?

Settings:

That's the thing. The "fast-start" howto and the LDAP-howto don't explain enough for me to find out, why it does NOT work...

What did you change in your slapd.conf?

Or in the other files there?

What do i have to modify in my LM9 box, for getting it working properly?

Oh, i have got OOffice working so far, to accept my ldap server and to show the root-object.

But that's all.

You will only get OO.o to return data from LDAP if you are using an OpenOffice.org build, not from the OO.o RPMs that ship with the distro (8.2 or 9.0).

In evolution:

Which Parameter do i have to paste in which field in the dialog for LDAP?

Could you perhaps post a screenshot of your settings dialog for that?

I am on a different machine now ... but you really just need to set your LDAP hostname, and your basedn (and possibly whether to search one level or sub, normally you need sub.

Settings:

That's the thing. The "fast-start" howto and the LDAP-howto don't explain enough for me to find out, why it does NOT work...

Uhhh, which howto? You should take a look at the article on LDAP at http://www.mandrakesecure.net (under docs).

What did you change in your slapd.conf?

Or in the other files there?

Many things, because we replicate our LDAP directory to a number of machines (a few servers, plus laptops that run linux), we have samba passwords stored in LDAP, and we also have phpgroupware using LDAP for accounts.

What do i have to modify in my LM9 box, for getting it working properly?

If ldapsearch is returning an entry you have put into LDAP, then your server should be working right, you just need to get client settings right.

You should try gq (in contibs I think) or ldapbrowser (java, not in the distro) to browse your ldap server, and see things the way they really are.