Man I love Linux

phunni

One of the things I really like about Linux is that, yeah it might be a bit harder to use than Windows, but when you do get something to work it is soooo satisfying!

I've just got my clie syncing with my system. I have a new PC (which I put together myself (where's the wink smiley?!)) and I couldn't get USB to work at all. I realised I had the wrong modules compiled - added a couple of others and Bob is now my uncle :D

Altogether now - "Happy Happy Joy Joy, Happy Happy Joy Joy!" (where are the musical smileys?!)

Guest Adriano

As the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy said "It was easy to be misled about their fundamental issues because of the joy of overcoming their superficial issues" (I know the quote is not accurate).

I'm sorry, I'm just frustrated because I cannot make postfix + fetchmail + mutt work. Somehow, the external mailserver is not recognized... Anyway, I'll post that elsewehere.

What I mean to say is: I'm very happy about my Linux system because I learn from it, but not because it is hard to do things with. I'm trying to setup a text-mode email account, something simple with any email app, and all the docs I can find are thought for a big network, and treat home users as a late add-on.

Tell me about it. I just spent a couple of hours this afternoon trying to find out why the office DSL is sporadic this afternoon. I thought it was the office RH server, so I restarted the network, restarted the modem, rebooted the server, etc. Then I found out that the ISP DNS server is hosed, not our problems. Now, DSL is working fine and dandy.. :)