Realplayer and MDK 9.2

mtweidmann

I just installed Realplayer using the Mandrake Club rpm, but it refuses to work with KDE. If I launch it from Konqueror it opens up properly then freezes, if I launch it manually it just opens a black window. However it works perfectly under IceWM, grrrrr. I had it set up perfectly under 9.1 so I know it can be done. Advice?

I installed the one from the real media site, works awesome.

Funny thing about kde, I found that in the new kde interacted with many non-kde sound apps funny. I went into konqueror and kde configs, and turned off all sorts of preview soundfile options that were turned on by default.

This probably wont help, but I tried.

Ken

Ummm, strange. I tried swapping copies of Realplayer to the one suggested Mystified but same problem. I'm guessing it must be a more general sound problem then, because I'm also not getting sound in Tuxkart and in Lbreakout its about 2 seconds delayed. <sigh> Will have to try and fix it over the weekend.

I got exactly the same problem. Have you got it fixed?

I just installed Realplayer using the Mandrake Club rpm, but it refuses to work with KDE.  If I launch it from Konqueror it opens up properly then freezes, if I launch it manually it just opens a black window.  However it works perfectly under IceWM, grrrrr.  I had it set up perfectly under 9.1 so I know it can be done.  Advice?