openoffice.org config question req: miracle

riorama

Greetings...

Ive been attempting to use openoffice for a word processor, and need to write some college papers in another language (spanish).

The computers at school offer the ability to autocompete/correct sdd the little marks above the letters, etc on the fly to the text I'm writing in spanish.

How in the world do I get open office to do this? Ive tried to download another dictionary, and install it, but open office and kword both still wont see ispell.

Any hints?

Maybe another program?

Ken

Ok ,

on double check I find installed

aspell-es

koffice-i18n-es

locales-es

myspell-ES-es

myspell-GL-es

openoffice.org-l10n-es

Do you think there could be confilict, is something missing from the list, or am I just not configuring the programs correctly?

AAAhhhh

Ken

Hi Kenny

Hows married life treating you?

Maybe you could upgrade to OpenOffice 1.1 and try downloading all the extra libraries, c'mon, I mean even I'm using 1.1. Join the 21st. century OpenOffice1.0 is so1900's.. Everybody is doing it, c'mon the first one is free, all of the cool kids are doing it. I fact maybe you should upgrade to mandrake 9.2 ( I won't tell everybody that you are still using 9.0)

kilimanjaro

p.s. did you get the cd with the wedding pictures from Zac?

Actually Ken

OpenOffice 1.1 if you go to insert and then to the heading special characters it has all of the symbols for writing spanish, I have both 1.0 and 1.1 and 1.0 doesn't have the same symbols. it has about 1/4 of the characters that 1.1 has.

áâãäåæçèéêëìíîïðà it has these and much more.

kilimanjaro