totem: how come nobody's mentioned this before? :)

Peep

this seems to be a pretty slick media player that played all the formats i threw at it without having to fiddle with anything. and especially in 9.2rc2, it was perfectly integrated into nautilus (in gnome). the version i just installed in 9.1 seems a bit older, but is still pretty good. is there a "down-side" to totem that I'm missing?

Just a guess here, but it looks either just like, or a lot like gxine. Totem is based off xine, and I don't see gxine on as many mirrors. Maybe gxine has been renamed? If I wasn't lazy, I'd google or go to sourceforge. :wink: When I use it to play dvd's, sometimes there's sound, sometimes there's not, sometimes just music and no words....but xine and mplayer do fine. Totem....is new to me to.

I cant stand totem and have removed it.

On my system it locks up all the time with alsa and does not go full screen on tv out. Im sure these are just my problems but one thing i really hate about any media player is not being able to drag and drop in the playlist. This is a problem with mplayer too. If they would make the playlist more like xmms mplayer would be the ultimate media player.