How can i change the gtk-theme used in kde??

qeldroma

Several apps are in gtk, so i want to make them look the same, as my kde. There are gtk-themes out there, for that, but i don't find a way to "bring" them in?

I do NOT have this mysterious "import gtk" button, someone mentioned here, or in another board, maybe it died out in actual KDE versions.....

Did you try

gnome-theme-properties? It's the gnome2 theme selector.

[bvc9@localhost bvc9]$ urpmf gnome-theme-properties

gnome-control-center:/usr/bin/gnome-theme-properties

[bvc9@localhost bvc9]$ rpm -q --whatrequires gnome-control-center

gnome2-2.0.1-1mdk

[bvc9@localhost bvc9]$

No, though i want not to install gnome :mrgreen:

But either or not, gnome is gtk 2 and there are very little resources on the web, ecspacially aqua....

That's why i wanted to switch gtk 1.2, until i noticed, that kde uses gtk 2, too..

Perhaps there's a way to switch back to gtk 1.2 in kde??

LM8.2 was gtk 1,2 and did run kde 3... so it must work :)

gnome is gtk 2 and there are very little resources on the web, ecspacially aqua....
Gnome2 is gtk+1.2 & 2.0. My screenshot here is

AquaX for gtk2 &1.2 as are others from here and here. It's hard to tell from my screenshot because I'm using fluxbox.

In order for some gtk2 & 1.2 themes to load at startup together, I have to run gnome-theme-properties in my ~/.xinitrc. I don't know what this would do in your ~/.kde/Autostart/ dir.

A lot of users are asking about this in kde for gaim, gimp, and others, and I would think there'd be an answer somewhere. I may install kde in the next couple of days just to see if I can figure it out. If I do I'll let you know.

Oh, it does. ;-)

Difficulties can come up with userrights, that's why i symlinked to the gtkrc file and called it .gtkrc.

Therefor every user on my machine is in the group "users", i added this group to ALL files.

In the theme is the pixmap_path. This must be right.

One of my first faults was, that i didn'T uncomment it :mrgreen:

So you have to have pixmap_path "/your/path/to/theme/gtk/" at the beginning of each gtkrc-file. If it's missing, just insert ist, that's the way i got some better AquaX-themes working....[/code]

Guest HaloScan

bvc--How do you get that bar on the left hand side with icons in Fluxbox? The only reason I don't use it currently is because it doesn't have a way of putting icons on the desktop but this seems to come pretty close.

scroll down a bit on this link

http://www.mandrakeusers.org/viewtopic.php...?t=182&start=60

info

http://www.club-nihil.net/mub/viewtopic.ph...t=6309&start=30

more

http://www.mandrakeusers.org/viewtopic.php...5&highlight=rox

qeldroma, thanks! I'll keep that in mind if I have trouble. And yeah, why are some of the pixmap paths commented out? I would think they'd be uncomment and if you had trouble, then we could comment them, but oh well.