Deleted Myself

FX

Setting up the wife an account on my server for her. I wanted her to log into /home/my home, but for some reason it didn't work right, so I decided to make her own /home, well when I went to delete her "user" I ended up deleting "my" "me" "mine" /home. LOL Anyways if I look at the User manager I still have a User joseph with the home directory of /home/joseph.

Is there a chance that its still there and if so how do it get to it? I tried to log in as "joseph" but says something tothe effect of "looks like theres a home directory but nothing will work, do you want to log in as root"

FX

Unless you have a backup, you are screwed. Note to the wise, backups are always a good deal. Second note, before messing with users or any important "system" areas, backup, even a temp copy of the directory is a good idea.

What you can do is delete your user and your user group with userdrake and then recreate it from scratch. Remove any folders you may have made for yourself after you deleted yourself. Then recreate the user.