Warcraft 3 under linux

Guest Arcymag

Guest Arcymag

hi!

that's my problem - i want to play warcraft3 under mandrake linux 9 if you know what i must do tell me about this (sorki za bledy z anglika nigdy za dobry nie bylem...)

• 4 weeks later...

You'll probably have to crack the game to get around the copy protection.

Sam Lantinga (of Loki and SDL fame) works for Blizzard now... It's a shame they won't let him port games to Linux. I've emailed them and him about games like D2 and WC3. You may wanna do the same, just be nice about it.

I'm neutral on the Windows game piracy issue. I don't think it either hurts or helps the Linux gaming market.

Meanwhile, buying Windows games sure as shit doesn't help.

"I'm neutral on the Windows game piracy issue. I don't think it either hurts or helps the Linux gaming market.

Meanwhile, buying Windows games sure as shit doesn't help."

Don't know D, some of my favorite game developers - Rowan Software, TRI,

Razorworks... well they have gone out of business. Lets not throw out the baby with the bathwater :)

Buying a Mercedez Benz doesn't help the BMW market, but it doesn't mean it is ok to steal a Merc...

I think we are all Linux games fans here, I have not played a windoze games in ages and I agree with boycotting WineX, but I do not approve of pirating. It is tempting to rip off those %$#&^ though!

*shrugs* as I said, I'm neutral. I don't do it myself, and I still own about 90 out of 110 of my Windows games, but I don't play them. I'm trying to sell them. The vast majority of them are useless to me now. No matter what I or you say, people will still warez software. It's not gonna stop.

And I have no doubt in my mind that the majorite of people use WineX for their warezed games anyhow.

If a Linux user buys Windows games, he should have his head examined. IMHO.

If companies go bankrupt, then it's due to lack of sales. If they want to get more sales, they release for Linux. It won't give them less sales, that's for sure. And there are people who would port for free. If I could, I would for sure.

But that's enough of this crap. I've gotta focus on my site, and my new gaming section will contain my thoughts about games and all these issues. And more.

• 4 weeks later...