Just new in the netherlands

Peet@Mandrake

Obviously the more support for Linux the better.... and for us the more support for Mandrake the better...

However ... Chaos might not always win ... (now Im thinking as I type)

We have a translator 'rank' ...

what Im wondering is how do we get synergy across different boards.

Like if the same question is posted in English/Dutch and French and different people are working in different ways....

How could we coordinate so that MAJOR issues get mirrored/translated?

In my experience most Dutch people, especially those likely to be using Mandrake will speak pretty damned good english...

And lots of stuff comes up in French, especailly for Mandrake but we obviously don't have the resources to mirror everything language wise.

We could do with a informal ... hey were dealing with what seems like a common issue here, are you aware type thing...

I get lots of stuff direct of French boards as Im sure the other French readers do but Id never have time to prioritise it and translate it??

The main point to this is that English is the dominant IT language and so this board can be read by lots of people, a lot of the stuff these guys do in Dutch, German or whatever will probably be good and a French or Italian or Spanish speaking person is more likely to be able to make use of it and transfer it if its staged in English.....

Any ideas ....

Good luck tothe new Dutch board!!!

Hi Gowator,

Thanks for your support and enthousiasm !

The site is up for nearly 3 days and is very young :D

Its a good idea of the major issues and very important as well.

I think there is need for users to communicate in their own language, thats one of the reasons i build the site.

The other reason is to give support an starting Mandrake users,just stept out of the M$ OS.

May be in the future when mandrake-nl.tk has become a "big" site (and have a large crew) we can discuss this a again :wink:

Greetings