Wireless USB Client Adapter

Guest Okiejoe

My desktop PC uses a Diamond USB wireless LAN adapter with an external antenna to access my ISP. This adapter has an Agere chipset, Ven ID=0xd4e Prod ID=0x1000. Best I can figure there is no linux driver that will work with it. Simple question: Does anyone know of a wireless usb client adapter that will hook up with Mdk 9.0 or 9.1 "Out of the box" ??

• 2 weeks later...

Gowator

I assume this weeklong silence has answered my "Simple Question"

It appears you spend a lot of time in this forum helping people, so thought I would pass this info on to you in case it might help someone else: I found a driver at http://orinoco-usb.alioth.debian.org that should work with the Diamond USB Client Adapter. However there are two problems.... Small problem = The readme is geared more for a linux developer than a newbie. Big problem = you have to already be online when you install the driver in order to download the firmware for the driver! If I was online I wouldn't have spent the past year trying to get this *#@! thing to work. :cry: