grsec denying exec of program

wheel

I've just installed 9.1. I tarred up my old directories and copied them over to the new machine. Everything seems to be running smoothly with one exception - on certain programs executed through the browser I get:

grsec: From X.X.X.X: denied exec of /home/glenn/websites/www.webstite.com/cgi-bin/app/app.cgi by .........reason: untrusted.

My system logs show the same error. the httpd log shows a premature end of script headers (misleading because I'm running the same program elsewhere, and it's happening on compiled C code and perl both).

The script executes from the command line.

The scripts are set up as 755.

There are other scripts in the same directory that run fine. Of course, that means it's something unique to the other scripts - but no idea what that could be. Particularly, as I mentioned above, that all are running fine under an older version of Mandrake, but on transfer only some of them work.

There's a dearth of info on grsec. I suspect I'm running afoul of 9.1 security issues (set to 'Higher"). Any ideas on what I should be looking for? Suggestions gratefully appreciated :).

g.