Asus A7N8X + 8.2?

Crashdamage

I just bought a Asus A7N8X motherboard (not the Deluxe version, Nforce 2-based) and AMD Barton 2500, originally to upgrade my Win2000Pro workstation at work. Plans change sometimes though, and now I'm thinking of using it to upgrade my very trusty but slightly rusty old AMD800/Asus box at home. Yeah, I still use 8.2 and likely will 'til the 2.6 kernel is out.

Anyway, after Googling around and searching the MDK compatibility list, etc, etc, I haven't found a definitive answer to whether or not this Asus board will work with 8.2 and the 2.4.18 kernel. I use Win4Lin, and upgrading the kernel to a later version is still possible, but it does complicate things some. I did find some old posts by users who *apparently* were using this combo. Problems seem to be limited to the onboard lan and sound. No problem there, I was gonna diable both in the bios and use my old PCI cards anyway.

Has anyone tried this or know anything else about it? It would be really nice if I could just drop it in and go...