Gaim 0.68 OUT! its not even in their downloads!

sud_crow

Hey everyone!

Just found out Gaim 0.68 is out...

not to much to see, but it seems there are a couple of important changes

involving plugins and system messages...!

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...hp?group_id=235

mandrake, red hat, windows, sources and devel version....al up and runnig!

They probably just blocked the message, or they just enabled SSL logins.

Either way, the October 15th deadline is approaching, at which point Microsoft said they will cut off all unauthorized MSN clients.

Hi,

well, i dont know if they made some changes about that in Gaim, the change log doesnt say anything, but for what i read in slashdot, microsoft is going to start charging 3rd clients to use their network, they claim its being done because they cant do charity (in the sense they wont give something for free when they have commercial versions of their software --trillian-- using msn network.)

So i guess thats it, in a way im happy, i always thought of using Gaim with msn it was supporting them and theyr stupid monopoly... and for me, i wont be using any msn mssgr. they keep getting uglier every day, just like windows... all the freaken soft from them is turning "user-friendly" to the point where it looks damn stupid, the worst of them all was MSN Explorer. damn, i think it lasted about 2 minutes in my windows system (when i had and used one).

lets just hope they start charging the messager too, so they will run out of users.

They won't charge for Windows Messenger (aka MSN Messenger), and that is the problem - everyone will still be using it, and Linux users won't be able to communicate with those people without convincing them to use ICQ or AIM or something... And then those people won't want to use Linux either because all of their friends use Microsoft's Messenger crap... It's going to suck and slow us down. Then again, maybe it won't, but I see that it will... My sisters will give up Linux just to talk on MSN to their little friends.

Thanks dolson for teamspeak....but mayeb convince your sister to use teamspeak with her friends (I'm trying it here)....it allows for teamchats and also text-messages...multiple channels...mayeb a good alternative for msn??? and free too..and hopefully it will stay like that :D