mplayer plugin query

mittfh

OK, here's an unusual one. I'm a regular visitor to a site called Camstreams (live videocam feed + chat) - particularly jonnie.camstreams.com

The site uses a WMV stream, played in a 320x264 frame.

However, on this particular stream, the video feed from the camera is 640x480, so using mplayer plugin only the top left corner appears (unless I view full-screen, which obviously displays the entire feed)

However, on a Windoze box (such as my Vista laptop whose motherboard has since died), either in IE or FF with MS's WMP plugin, the feed is resized to fit the window.

Is there any way of persuading mplayer to do this - or if not, use a little GreaseMonkey magic to achieve the same effect?

-oOo-

As an aside, I'll be really cheeky and ask another question: talking of mplayer, anyone know of a GNOME-friendly GUI for mplayer proper that can handle saving playlists? Seems a bit like reinventing the wheel to have Audacious installed for the purpose...

gnome-mplayer should be fine, and it also has a browser extension named gecko-mediaplayer which might work better for you than mplayerplugin (for me it certainly does).

Actually it has little to do with gnome (it's just a gtk+ app), but it's small, light, simple, and fully functioning.