Firefox add-ons [solved]

Rowan

I am trying to install an add-on into Firefox but when I press 'add to firefox' I get a notification telling me that software installarion is currently disabled and to edit my preferences to allow it. I have been through my preferences but have not yet been able to get it to co-operate.

Am I missing something really obvious or am I just haveing a bad day - any advice is welcome.

Thanks

BINGO. Thanks Greg - that worked ok. Now I just need to find a way to convert the videos to avi or mpeg so they are easily viewable.

Medo - I looked at updating to Firefor 3 but decided against it when I saw how many other things I had to update or install. I have not had a lot of luck with bz2 installations so I just decided to stay with what I already have. Several months ago I tried to update my system to 2008 but found that it was a piece of rubbish when I was unable to even configure my desktop graphics - 2006 is far better for me.

Thankls for your help

BTW the .tar.bz2 file you get from the firefox web site doesn't need installing at all. You just extract it and double click the file named "firefox" or open a terminal, navigate to the extracted folder and use this command:

./firefox

You can create a Link to Application and point it to the firefox file in the extracted folder.