Java and Firebird 0.61

william

Nowadays I'm running mozilla firebird 0.61 (the softest and lightweight software I've ever tried) and after downloading J2re 1_4_1_04 it seems not to be working properly despite of having libjavaplugin installed in the right directory under usr/java checked if everything was really installed.

Following some tuturials like Mozilla's plugin faq, MottS and DOlson's tutorial was not enough, I've synlinked libjavaplugin.oji.so to where it was recommended, but having uninstalled Mozilla broser that came with MDK by default, it's still possible to find its folder in the /usr/lib and in ~/.mozilla, so it means that I have 3 possibilities to test:

1 ) symlink the lib file to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

2 ) symlink the lib file to ~/.mozilla/plugins

3 ) symlink the lib file to the plugin folder where Mozilla Firebird is: /home/william/MozillaFirebird/plugins.

I've tried both options but it still doesn't work. Quite confusing all that plugins folders!

Does someone have firebird in this compact version working with java? Could someone give me some help?

Thanks bvc, everything working here:

What I did:

Downloaded latest j2re-1_4_2_01.rpm.bin file and installed according to what I've done before but symlinking usr/java/j2re1.4.2_01/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so to my /home/william/applications/MozillaFirebird/plugin directory.

After that I opened the browser and typed in address bar: about:plugins and Bingo!!! it was there listed among others.

Testing java in use I went here