Conflict between Dialup Ext Modem Connection and Network

Guest mhbell

Thats a MDK9.0 bug

edit /etc/sysconfig/network and delete the line "GATEWAY=...."

Are those bugs corrected in 9.1?

yes

(I've got the 9.1 CDs here since yesterday and wonder if I should upgrade... Can this upgrade threaten stability of my running server? (Samba is MOST important to me...)

Thanks,...

Peter

The only time I've upgraded it was with Red Hat and it was a disaster....

and it is considered better than Mdk's upgrade.

Better put /home in its own patition, save important file in /etc like smb.conf, dhcpd.conf or else and do a fresh install.

I'm still wondering why upgrade is there if it does not work but that is an other question ..

roland

I don't think so...I don't have a 'Gateway=' in my ML9.1  /etc/sysconfig/network. 

there

http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/90errata.php3#gateway

there is that

"

Error scenario: You have an ethernet card for the local LAN and a modem for internet access and you can't reach the internet.

Why: Drakconnect wrongly asks for a gateway, and ppp can't set your modem connection as the default route.

Solution: As root, edit /etc/sysconfig/network and manually remove the GATEWAY entry.

"

As far as MDK 9.0 is concerned 8)

Even if it is for some, and you are one, what's to stop you from editing a file?

sorry don't understand :?

roland

I thought the concern was if 9.1 had the same issue? That's all. It does not.

That's all ? and what about

Even if it is for some, and you are one, what's to stop you from editing a file?

That's only the second time I suggest to edit a a file and each time it was correct.

I would prefer you wait I made a mistake before putting pressure on me if you don't mind.

Ok thats all.

roland

roland,

Are those bugs corrected in 9.1? (I've got the 9.1 CDs here since yesterday and wonder if I should upgrade... Can this upgrade threaten stability of my running server? (Samba is MOST important to me...) 

Thanks,... 

Peter

I don't think so...I don't have a 'Gateway=' in my ML9.1 /etc/sysconfig/network. Even if it is for some, and you are one, what's to stop you from editing a file?
Then you prceeded to point me/us to a 9.0 errata and
sorry don't understand
so
I thought the concern was if 9.1 had the same issue? That's all. It does not
So, where here, am I putting pressure on you? I don't understand what I've done for you to react this way. Communication prob maybe? I assure you, I did nothing intentionally.