Gaim Themes

Guest ump

Just downloaded a Theme for Gaim which adds some funny smilies to gaim but I can not figure out what to do with it and can't find any instuctions on what to do with it ,

the theme I downloaded is Filithysimilies

I am running Gaim .59.8 on MDK 9.1

Thanks in advance

gaim .59 doesn't have smiley themes (if i remember) you'll need to get a newer version of gaim (check texstars repo. for the newest RPM he's made...for the address to it look at the Linux and 2003 post in Everything Linux).

tyme

Finally got an updated Gaim installed (.61) followed directions under themes simply drag and drop theme into theme list I drag I drop nothing I have tried putting the theme file variuos places in home/.gaim amd home/gaim nothing any other ideas

Other then this minor I must say that it looks nice

i suggest you get this RPM and this RPM. the first is gaim .66 (.67 is actually the latest, but you'd have to compile that from source so if you want to do that just jump over to gaim.sourceforge.net and grab the source code) and the second is an RPM of basically all the smiley packs that are on the gaim site. I know that works, because I used it before ;-)

Tyme

I must be doing something wrong I clicked on the links and all that happens is Mozilla tries to conect to the FTP site looks like it does but then I just get a black screen.

Tried Konqueror same thing

Tyme

Thanks for the help we have success I had to goto lbiblio web site then folllow the link to download Gaim once I did that it was a piece of cake

Not sure why it didn't work via the link you gave maybe I have a setting wrong.

Thanks again

ump