UT 2003 demo

Guest sirsinzalot

Guest sirsinzalot

okay, i dont think i have a fast enugh sys to support ut2003 so i decided to try the demo first, but after i installed it and patched it, when i try to run it, the splash screen comes up and the screen goes black like its going to start, but then goes back to X windows, is it because i have a voodoo 5? please help. tux racer and all the other games work fine, but ut2003 is the first real game ive tried. please help

yeah hey i tryed the demo for it on my computer and it seemed to work fine on a geforce 2 mx400 64 mb ram but im not sure how the two cards match up to each other but it is most likely that the game is too demanding of your GPU if you had... say a geforce 4 i think i would run flawlessly

• 1 month later...
Guest pinecone

I think there is a new patch out that lets it run on ATI cards too. that is what i heard. Anyway, i am also using an ATI card and having problems witht the demo. Maybe the demo patch doesnt apply that fix? maybe someone else can confirm that, before you go and buy it though.

apparantly you can get it to run on ati cards with a patch.

nvidia cards work, and i think S3 cards as well, it S3's texture compression that was why ati cards were not working.

And it does run flawlessly with a geforce 4