E17 rpms!!!!!

bvc

Good initiative bvc!!! :lol:

I've installed Etcher, Ebony, Ebindings (works great) and evidence (I got some problems concerning icons that was not showed due to some libs that were not previously installed, but now it's working like a charm)

I'm still having problems in getting icons inside the inconbar. For those who want some help, give a look at this tutorial, for a beginner like me, It was quite complicated, but at this time I have the icon bar on desktop. This unsupported forum doesn't have a good audience (enlightenment user represents 3% among others WM users) so for those who have the intention to face a challenge go ahead.

BTW: I didn't succed in changing default backgrounds.

william

MDK 9.1

Well it starts, and I get the left-click menu with text (got lt & rt before doing the symlinks but no text :? ) but the only thing that'll execute from the menus is exit :lol: :roll: . I'll try on ML9.1 now I guess :roll: ....yes I tried this on debian :P . Just

alien -d pkgname.rpm

will turn an rpm into .debs :wink:

I had to get Etcher, Ebony, Ebindings, and Evidence elswhere.

Also, If you have Eterm installed, you have to remove it and the older imlib2 stuff. THen install E17. Once you install E17 to get Eterm back:

Install libast2 (urpmi libast2)

Get the Eterm rpm

and rpm -i --nodeps Eterm-123.12.i586.rpm

or whatever it's called

Thanks rcxau! That got it started but with the same prob as debian. The only app I have in the lt-click menu (no longer have a rt-click :roll: ...anyone else lose the rt-click menu?) is xterm and it doesn't execute :shock: ....XTERM!....how dumb is that? Eterm is also in the menu but I can't install Eterm because its deps are an older imlib2 and its loaders :roll: ....could compile I guess, I use to compile Eterm all the time....it's easy, but I don't think it'll execute if xterm won't. Am I the only one having this prob?...and no rt-click menu prob? I've tried to see if there were any keyboard shortcuts to bring up....well, anything, but nothing. If I could get ebindings open I could edit the menu....hopefully :lol:

Thanks!

In gnome I started ebindings and edited the menu......NOTHING will start :shock:

aterm, xterm, xmms, mozilla, wvdial, and E17 does have keybindings...one of them being Ctrl>Alt>Insert which I edited to start aterm.....NOPE. I even changed the menu entries in ebindings to the full paths (/usr/bin/whatever). I don't get it. Nothing in the logs. Does E have a log somewhere? I haven't found one.

[EDIT]I give up...where did you get a libast2 rpm? I see debian pkgs (of course :P ) but only libast1 rpms.

oh, i made a mistake, sorry bvc, it's libast1 wall.gif

Just urpmi libast1

And forcing Eterm fubars Esetroot :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I decided to try xv while writing my reply the fisrt time. Not only didn't it have transparency :( :( :(

It crashed, it crashed X too :cry::cry::cry:

<edit>chbg does transparecy!! yay!!</edit>

James

bvc, regarding the menus, check if the symlinks was created in the correct place:

[william@poseidon william]$ ls usr/share/enlightenment/data/fonts

borzoib.ttf CVS/ menu.ttf@ nationff.ttf text.ttf@

With eterm I had it installed before e17 installation and during e17's libs / apps installations I got some complaints related to conflicts that were solved with --nodeps. I can't remember exactly which component(s) complained about the version of a previous installed lib.

During enlightenment installation I had to use --nodeps only with evas because freetype hadn't been recognized. All other components were installed properly (i think).

Ebindings, Ebony, Evidence and Etcher were installed with rpms what made things easier.

Don't give up !!!