Fowarding emails to Windows XP

Rowan

Hello all

I use Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 for my email and I have been sent some humourous joke emails (with pictures) by a friend. My wife wanted copies of them (she uses XP) so I fowarded copies of them to her. The problem is that she can read some of them but others are apparently just blank or have rubbish in them.

Some of the emails that I sent her had pictures in the email and others had attachments. Because I just fowarded copies straight to her I can't understand why she can't open and view them correctly.

Is anybody able to cast any light on what has happened or why?

Many thanks.

I changed the preference to 'in-line' and retried the emails. A couple of them arrived with the text parts ok but the graphice were just large grey squares where the pictures should be - I rechecked and the squares correspond to the original pictures. When I tried to foward the emails a pop-up asked me if I wanted to send them as plain text, HTML or both - I just chose html only and sent them. One thing is that fowards with attachments worked ok but not when the pictures were actually in the email.

Maybe this has something to do with it?

I have just found another option - in the address book - which lets me decide how the receiver will receive emails Maybe I should have set that option to html as well? Go to edit - preferences - composition - send options - text format section. Maybe I should just set everything to html?