Problem with keyboard

Guest Muralidhara B L

Guest Muralidhara B L

I am a new to Linux. I use Sony Vaio Laptop. There is a problem with my keyboard. For one of the users, the keyboard is not working. Keyboard works fine when i logon in the root mode. I checked xorg.conf file, there is no problem with the Section "Input Device" and Section "Sever Layout". Please help me in solving the problem

Please run the Mandriva Control Center, which you can find from the menu, alternatively, you can run it from the console by typing "mcc" without the quotes, and then configure your keyboard correctly.

Guest Muralidhara B L

I did run the Mandriva Control Centre and configured my keyboard but still the keyboard is not functioning for the one of the users. I created one more user, just to check the keyboard behavior. The keyboard is working for the new user.

Guest Muralidhara B L

I renamed .kde directory. It is working now. A new .kde directory is created. Thank you very much. I would still like to know the reason behind the problem. :D

It's obviously some configuration issue with KDE if renaming the folder did the trick, since now you have a clean KDE config. The only way to find out, would be to rename the directory back again and go through the KDE keyboard configuration and compare the differences between the other users and the one with the problem.