Trying to use easy-urpmi [solved]

Rowan

Hello all

Recently I tried to install a package using urpmi and got a response to the effect that 'plf free' and 'plf non-free' were not available. So I went into MCC, deleted both these entries and tried to use easy-urpmi to install new media entries. In the end I tried about half a dozen different hosts from the list and always got the same response as follows :- "problem reading synthesis file of medium "plf-free" (also for non free) and "unable to update medium "plf-free".

Is there a problem with the plf system? I have just tried again and got the same answer again.

Any advice or cure will be gratefully received.

Sometimes it's just because they've not synchronised. Some synchronise quicker and therefore all are OK. It could have been that at the time you were trying those two repos were in the process of synchronisation and hence why you couldn't synchronise with them until they'd finished. Just guessing on that bit, but it's all I can think of as to why.