Newbie help on KDevelop

I want to try and learn some programming language, I have looked through the boards and decided to start at the bottom and work up (C, C++ Pascal and on) so at the week end I went out and bought some lovely books on teach yourself.

I have installed KDevelop and it all looks to be up and running, well I got the first basic 'hello world' program running. But each time I create a new file it is added to the project and when I go to link and run the new file the old files I had done are also trying to be run. The only way I can find to stop this is remove all completed files from the project, is this right?

Never used it either, but for what your doing I'd recommend using Kate with gcc as your compiler.

I second that!

Also learn to make simple make files.

Only once you know how to do that then move on to an ide(if you want to at that point).

If your learning a laungage you need to concentrate on the langauge not some specific ide's workings, once you know the language you will then find learning any ide easier.

Yep, thats what I ended up doing. I started using KDevelop because everything looked to be under one roof. But soon realised that if I'm just making 100 programs that just print hello or produce the product of two numbers the simple approach would be better.

If anyone feels like writing some different books on programming and starting off with something OTHER than hello world apps that would be great!