Starting an already-open display remotely

Andrewski

Before, when I was still into the evil world of MS, I sometimes checked it with the windows vnc client.

Don't know why, but it is terribly slow. Linux to linux works like a beauty though.

Maybe that's my problem; the computer I'm connecting from is Windows. Can't do the Lord's work here (as my teacher would say; meaning "to run Linux" :)), it's my work computer. Cygwin will have to do.

You mention that with 8k it works relatively well, and with 20k, I should be more than fine. How did you check that? I'd be interested to see what I'm getting here....

I just know my upload is 8kB(bytes)/s (cable internet), and I always see my eth0 traffic on my work machine, which goes from 0 to ~20-23KB/s, since I always have gkrellm open (urpmi gkrellm), it's part of my work environment, I have it tell me the cpu load, cpu temp, mobo temp, voltages, disk throughput, (2x, for both drives), eth0 (and eth1 too, on my server which has 2 nics)...

There are likely plenty more tools to check network activity, but anyway..