Knoppix Distro

Hey,

I have a small problem, my old Gateway Select PC (AMD Athlon 1.0Ghz T-Bird) has an unusal disk controller (no idea what it is) (locks at INIT Version 2.84), and so far I have only found two releases that work well on it. Mandrake 7.2 and Red Hat 7.3. But recently that complicated even more by the fact that it has an ATI 9000 PRO graphics card in it and XFree gets and error saying that it refreshes too fast. Anyway, I have heard that Knoppix should be able to run the the computer (going to try that tonight), but is there and non-live based distrobased off of Knoppix, or is there a way for me to fix RH 7.3?

Thanks.

Is it a Kadoka motherboard? I've had trouble with them and Steve Scrimpshire has got to be the resident expert on these. I got Mandrake on my Gateway Athlon installing 8.2 with the alt2 option (install from disk two and choose alt2 which is a 2.2 kernel) and then building a 2.4 kernel. I got 9.1 on it before my son took it over and made it all Win 2000. I tried a standard Debian install and Red Hat, but neither would even boot from the CD. Try to get feedback from Steve if its a Kadoka mb.