Acer & Red Hat

tyme

or even replace the horrendous Novell network with something nice and linux based........
I used to have to work with novell up at my previous college. i never installed the novell program on my system (plus, it was no good in Linux) but I could still use the network. just couldn't use the network drives....oh well. it was a pain because for whatever reason it would cause major problems on computers with less than 64mb of RAM. I tell ya, being a ResNet Technician/Troubleshooter was a pain sometimes....

or even replace the horrendous Novell network with something nice and linux based........
I used to have to work with novell up at my previous college. i never installed the novell program on my system (plus, it was no good in Linux) but I could still use the network. just couldn't use the network drives....oh well. it was a pain because for whatever reason it would cause major problems on computers with less than 64mb of RAM. I tell ya, being a ResNet Technician/Troubleshooter was a pain sometimes....

You're on 2000 posts

At my school they put monitoring software and the like on as well. I can remove it, some people say it's 4 times faster without, If i remove it i can still access school email and files throught the web portal. The internet connection is also configured seperately to Novell. But if i get caught without the software installed..... trouble. Anyway, i'll setup the internet connection in linux and never see windows again except for games.

James

You're on 2000 posts
2002 now. which once again makes me wonder, where did i make all these posts? 'cuz i sure as hell don't remember them...:lol:
Anyway, i'll setup the internet connection in linux and never see windows again except for games.
heck yeah!

Hmm.. I wonder if I can persuade my uncle (an Acer dealer in Indonesia) to follow the footsteps of Acer Australia..

Anyway, the Veriton series of Acer is basically the workstation series of Acer lineup.. Everything is built in. I don't think I dare to use one as a guinea pig of sorts of installing linux.. but if my uncle allowed me to play around with one.. I can give you the results.

Hey dragon Mage..

This is a bad French transllation ...

In the Bankok Post A recent development in the HP computers under linux has been a success in Thailand.... and the minister of technology has asked more makers to propose similar configurations. This happened as a result of of a governmental project it asked for a portable PC with Celeron 800, 128 MB RAM aand 20GB disk for under $450.

With the peoples notebook the offical name chosen by the governemt .....

.... Dell has immediately made a candidate to shoulder HP out and has taken more demand.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/07/08/1057430181568.html

It may be redhat, but atleast it's Linux.

Ouch, you sound like you hate RH! :D

well, lets just say I have an affinity for another distro. (mandrake? ;-) )

I know, I was bored I thought I would try and start a distro war again! :wink: j/k