Alltel Huawei EC360 EVDO Card?

Guest Starmage187

Guest Starmage187

Hello. I recently purchased an Alltel aircard, and in a moment of temporary insanity I went with a new card instead of a 5740. It's called the Huawei EC360, and by all accounts under Windows it's a great card. I just can't seem to get it work under Mandriva 2008.1. Using the Control Center, it picks up the card for what it is, but then it prompts for a pin number. The thing is that this service does not use a pin number, and any number that you put into it results in the same behavior. It says that it is configuring the card, and then says "Wrong pin. It should be a four digit number."

Some times, it says "Wrong pin format" before it tells me it should be a four digit number.

Can some one tell me how to get this card functioning under linux?

Guest Starmage187

That would seem to be the situation in the other threads, but the livecd will accept no numbers. Entering fewer or more numbers then four causes an instant error, while entering any four numbers causes it to at least attempts to setup the card. I am trying to download the driver for the earlier card right this minute. The manual installation as used for other EVDO cards was not successful, so unless some one gives me another idea I am going trying installing this card on Windows and then try it again.

Guest Starmage187

A new thing has happened, now that I've used it in Windows. It will go on with any pin, and it will show up in my network adapters, but it won't connect. Does anyone know the special pin to get it to connect, or the number to dial.?

Guest Starmage187

I hope that somebody here can help me with this.

I finally managed to get it recognized (never did figure out the pin thing), but kppp will see it and it says that it hooks up. The problem is that I cannot get outside of the machine. At first, I thought it was a dns problem, but I am unable to ping the internet with an address. I ping google's IP, and it comes back saying "host unreachable". I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me, because this card is going in a homebrew router soon, and I'd like to use linux on it. Thank you in advance.