ut help!

MadHattr

I installed the unreal tournament original edition not GOTY with the ut loki installer i found on there website. version 432 i think, should be the latest. but i get this error. i think i need to use that ucc program to decompress the maps but im not sure how to go about this theres some 200+ maps and i cant manualy sit there and decompress each one. is there some other way to do this or am i lost?

[drew@x1-6-00-04-5a-82-b9-04 ut]$ ./ut

Unreal engine initialized

Bound to SDLDrv.so

Joystick [0] : Unknown Joystick

SDLClient initialized.

Bound to Render.so

Lighting subsystem initialized

Rendering initialized

LoadMap: Entry

Failed to load 'Entry': Can't find file 'Entry'

Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find file 'Entry'

appError called:

Failed to enter Entry: Can't find file 'Entry'

Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError

Executing USDLClient::ShutdownAfterError

Signal: SIGIOT [iot trap]

Aborting.

Exiting.

Name subsystem shut down

I thought that the installer decompressed the maps automatically. Maybe not. 436 is the most up to date version of the installer. You can get it at http://www.3dgamers.com/games/unrealtourn/ They have both the GOTY and non versions for Linux, in full install and update. Give that a try and see what happens. I know it looks like the installer freezes when it's almost done, but if you look in the console window, it's actually uncompressing the maps. At least, that's the way it works on my machine with the GOTY installer.

Unfortunately DOlson's page is down, there's a nice HOWTO there. But here's what I remember:

You need to unmount the CDROM drive (umount /mnt/cdrom)

remount it without mdk's supermount (mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom -t iso9660)

run ut-install.436.run (or whatever the real filename is AS ROOT like this:

[*]sh ut-install.436.run

[*]exit

[*]ut ##[to play]

I did not have to do any other steps...

OMG i was just reading the LGFAG and it said "The 'Best of Infogrames' and 'Totally Unreal' versions of the game aren't supported at all." WHY THE F*CK did tux games send me it then!!!!!!! IF IT DOESNT WORK IN LINUX WHY DID THEY SEND ME IT! on top of that i had ordered the rune expansion and once i got it, it was another copy of rune! This really pissis me off.

100% - /home/drew/Games/ut/Textures/credits.utx

./setup.sh: line 107: 8130 Segmentation fault "$setup" $*

The setup program seems to have failed on x86/glibc-2.1

Please contact Loki Technical Support at support@lokigames.com

The program returned an error code (1)

i did the installer in the console and i got this error i used the goty eddition and it asked for the second cd witcht eh other isntaller didnt and it worked witht he exception of that error i got.

OMG i was just reading the LGFAG and it said "The 'Best of Infogrames' and 'Totally Unreal' versions of the game aren't supported at all." WHY THE F*CK did tux games send me it then!!!!!!! IF IT DOESNT WORK IN LINUX WHY DID THEY SEND ME IT! on top of that i had ordered the rune expansion and once i got it, it was another copy of rune! This really pissis me off.

The LGFAQ is wrong about this issue. Plain and simple. I pointed it out to the maintainer, but he ignored me.

I have Totally Unreal, and both Unreal Gold and UT work just fine from that bundle pack.

I have Totally Unreal, and both Unreal Gold and UT work just fine from that bundle pack.

I have that version as well, and it works great for me too. I just used the GOTY installer, since it's the GOTY version that comes with Totally Unreal.

I was using the GOTY installer it even asked for the second cd and such.
why did you use the GOTY installer if you have the normal version, not GOTY edition?
I installed the unreal tournament original edition not GOTY
go back and get the regular edition installer.

I was using the GOTY installer it even asked for the second cd and such.
why did you use the GOTY installer if you have the normal version, not GOTY edition?
I installed the unreal tournament original edition not GOTY
go back and get the regular edition installer.

He has the version from Totally Unreal, I think, which is the GOTY version.