Installation of Flash for Linux under Mandrake 9.1 (KDE)

Guest GhostDX

Guest GhostDX

Arthour: GhostDX

Date 06/24/03

Subject: Installation of Flash for Linux under Mandrake 9.1 (KDE)

This guide assumes you can download from the internet and have a very basic level of Linux usage.

This is how I got Macromedia Flash Player 6 installed on Mandrake 9.1 for use with Konqueror. Since I come from Windows, I liked using Explorer as both my web browser and file system manager. This is how I did it.

1. Go to http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/downlo...oad/alternates/ and scroll down to Linux x86 section and download the version in regards to Mandrake (at tht writing of this, it should be the second choice under the lInux section).

2. Once the file was downloaded, I doubled clicked the file and entered the root pasword, followed by some OKs. I saved this file to my Desktop. You may not see a confirmation that it was installed. I didn't.

3. Open Konqueror and from the menu choose SETTINGS > PLUGINS (left side at bottom). Make sure ENABLE PLUGINS GLOBALLY is set. There should be a SCAN FOR NEW PLUGINS button.

To see if it works go to http://www.homestarrunner.com/main5.html That's it. Hope it helps. Java is next!! :) For me anyway.

PS, I'm sorry for any misspelled words.

Guest GhostDX
Great!

or, at the top of the forum click Links, then click Worthwhile Links, then click flash with urpmi, and apt-get

Java?;

GQ-04: How do I install JAVA ? :wink: 

Have fun :!:

Thanks for the feedback. Want to know what's funny? I peromed that exact procedure and it worked flawlessly. I tried it on a laptop here at work and I failed. I Think I need an update or something.

As for Java, I treid that on my home comp, and it didn't work. Looks like I will have to find something else.

• 2 weeks later...