XFree86 4.3 radeon 9000 drivers

Guest xaff

Guest xaff

The reason I want the drivers is that the 3d perfomance is poor. I mean, even the other box (Celeron 450 mhz with voodoo3) is smoother than this one. (P4 2.66 ghz with Radeon 9000)

Guest stevetgn

Same problem for me too. I have a Radeon 8500 and been new to Linux know nothing about driver installations. I also have incrediably slow graphic performance, but have know idea what to do about it. Why can't Linux just have a simple exe. file for driver install like Windows. More people would be much happier to make the jump to Linux if this was the case. :x

We all know that - but you have to remember how much money M$ dealt out to hardware manufacturers to have them only make drivers for windows. And some modems (winmodems) only work in windows at all!

We're doing pretty good considering. Check ATI's page, they have drivers you can download I believe if you have a 3rd party card powered by an ATI radeon chipset.

HI,

Kt400 has support for AGP 3.0, also does MDK9.1, but if that ¿were? the problem, it would run fantastic on 4X, its not a big difference between 4 and 8. its mostly a marketing thing.

I think you dont have the right drivers...

For example my GF2MX installed as a GF1 DDR by default, and its around 3 years old, so, although drivers are similar, the ones from nVidia worked much better.

maybe you can try with www.rage3d.com they always had all kinds of stuff..

Well, i hope you fix it soon, and tell how you did it and how its working, cuz i wanted to upgrade to a 9100...

good luck.

[/url]