Mdk 9.1 upgrade and Evolution

Guest ThiBill

Guest ThiBill

Hi,

I've installed Mdk 9.1 over Mdk 9.0 and everything went ok.

When I decided to do a upgrade of the "problem" files within Mandrake controle panel, things went wrong. No printer recognized unless installing ...... but Mdk doesn't recognize the install CD's 1, 2 neither the 3th. Evolution doesn't find his Config file.

I was out off sence and wanted to install the latest version of evolution ( think it's 1.4).

Yo, conflicts between glib-mdk-versions and glib-"original"-versions, étc.....damned, I do not know where to find all that stuff, less to know how to install those things.

Do I have to reinstall Mdk 9.1 all over again to get rid of this problem, or is it possible to easely recover this prob ?

regards,

ThiBilll

I've installed Mdk 9.1 over Mdk 9.

Nooooo.... say it ain't so.

You used the upgrade feature? The upgrade option on a 9.1 disk is to upgrade a system allready running 9.1 (add more packages) Mdk must change this word asap. (I tried this the last two times now and have learned my lesson.)

I believe you can recoup from this, but its gonna take a lot of work. Easiest to start over IMHO.

Also a 9.1 fresh install has enough of its own problems let alone adding the convert from a 9.0 syste.

Reinstall in expert mode and do not format /home. How? At the splash screen of the first Install CD press F1 then type;

expert <and hit Enter>

You do not want to mess with glib until you're experienced. It is the core of the OS, next to the kernel, and every i must be dotted and t crossed, or you will not fully boot to gui upon reboot. Just ask me and aru...and others Im sure. :unsure: