OpenOffice Wirter auto launching with KDE....help

ral

Don't feel silly. I helped a guy one time that knew a LOT more about Linux that I do. But he was looking for something difficult and I could see that he was overlooking a very obvious, easy solution. I was really hesitant to respond but I did half expecting to get told off. Instead he posted back with a thanks, that sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees. Happens to all of us!

Thanks again. This community, though devided is great. I have about a two dozen pieces of commercial licensed software, and never got this much help from any of them.

One time I had a problem with a MS game I bought a year earlier (because of an update of DirectX I think...never really found out). When I logged into the support site, I was informed that my right to support had expired.

Frankly, without this community, I would probably had given up on ML. It takes a litle effort (on my part...a lot more on yours since you have to answer our pleas for help)...but now I love this OS. The thing never never never crashes, I don't cringe when I here the names Klez or Bugbear, I don't get any error messages about some "stack dump" thing I don't really understand. Hell, I don't even use XKill...

Worse that happens is sometimes a program wont start. Than I just start it again. And that is very rare.

Guest bradenm

What causes this is logging out right after closing openoffice, when you have "save session" enabled. OpenOffice leaves a proccess running for about 5 seconds after you close it (to quickly start another oo.o program).