SOT Office?

liquidzoo

I am on their site now - it looks great! I see it is based on Open Office.

They do not have contributed rpms available yet, but they are looking for people to do it, anyone who can help out, follow this link: http://www.sotlinux.org/en/download/contri...ibuted_rpms.php

I am going to download the other available rpm package so long and see if I can get it going.

I am connected to one of their mirror sites (I got the same error going to their main server) ftp.funet.fi and I am downloading the entire package right now. We'll see how it goes.

I am getting the entire folder, but there is just a RPMs folder that might be faster. Oh well. Never hurts when you have broadband.

I am connected to one of their mirror sites (I got the same error going to their main server) ftp.funet.fi and I am downloading the entire package right now.  We'll see how it goes.

Where on the server is it? I can't seem to find it...

I am getting the entire folder, but there is just a RPMs folder that might be faster.  Oh well.  Never hurts when you have broadband.

:twisted: I want broadband! A company launched it in South Africa two years ago and then went bust. Now we have to sit with either dialup or a really unstable ADSL. Well, at least I can use our Diginet line at work :wink:

Done and installed.

First impressions: A lot like OOo. Setup seems almost identical.

Anyone want a copy of the rpm? Here's a link

click here for rpm or here for source

If that doesn't work, right click the link and choose save as.

They're big files, be prepared to be downloading for a while.

You've heard what I think, tell us what you think.

I want to know how well it reads and re-writes a .doc. Does the format get screwed up like with all the others? I'm dialup, so it would be great if someone could test this and save me a huge download.

Thanks!

From what I can tell, it seems to save the file just fine. I opened a copy of my resume with SOT, resaved it and opened it with M$ Word on my laptop and aside from the font being a little smaller than the original, everything looked just fine.

Have they made any improvements to Impress? For me, it's the only app in OO that is beaten by PowerPoint. I'm looking at speed, ease of use/polish (there are many niggling bugs in the RPMs shipped with MDK), and good looking design templates (PowerPoint really beats OO in that category).

--Andrew