Shutdown problems [solved]

barry thomas-brown

Hi,

I have noticed that when I log out of Mandriva, and then end Current session, my monitor enters sleep mode and my base unit stays switched on. I try coming out of sleep mode by moving mouse, touching keyboard, even pressing power button to kick it back to life, but nothing, i have to hold down the power button on the unit to turn my machine off.

Any ideas what could be causing this? This has only happened since i did a clean install of Mandriva last week. Mandriva One is the only OS on my system. any help would be appreciated.

baz

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Ahmed Kabir

Dear valued Users of Mandriva Linux, I am a new one getting in this arena. I have just Installed Mandriva Linux 2008.0 [Free] i586 in my Brand New HP Tablet Notebook PC Pavillion 2028 with NVidia Graphics Card and Realtek HD Audio Hardware. But unfortunately, from the very beginning my Mandriva does not shutdown or restart completely. It halts after few moments putting the shutdown or restart command.

awaiting eagerly for a solution from any one existing.

Thanks & Regards.