Lexmark x75

gmac

I have a lexmark x75 scanner printer that mandrake can't see. I bought lexmark cos all the other printers seem to be compatable with linux and in the u.k. they are heavily discounted at the moment as they seem to be trying to build up their brand.

I knew it wasn't supported but reckoned it would be in the future, big mistake. Lexmark have said they have no intention of bringing out drivers for linux for the x75..

I'm not too bothered about the scanner as I heve the computer dual booted but I would like to start using mandrake daily and need the printer.

short of buying another printer is there any way I can get it to recognise the printer? I tried all the lexmark options in the hardware manager with no luck but hopefully somebody can suggest a way round it.

I will probably have to buy another printer anyway as I didn't appreciate how much the cartridges would cost or how much i would be using it, so economically a cheap laser printer looks attractive, but in the meantime any suggestions?

Thanks for that I looked at the site but the md set I have had the x73 drivers with it. That was the option I tried-actually i tried them all. I got fooled by lexmark, all the other printer state on the packaging that the printers worked with linux so I assumed they were one of the companies supporting linux.

The machine itself is great and relatively cheap 1/2 the price of the competition and certainly better than the previous HP I had. I just wish I had done a bit more research first.

I'm really tempted to buy a cheap printer just so I can use mandrake on a dialy basis rather than just playing with it