Suggestions for Video Cards and TV Tuners

Guest Juda

Guest Juda

I am under the process of building a new computer (one of my many projects this summer) and I would like to hear suggestions on Video Cards and TV Tuners. On the Video Card front I am leaning to the nVidia cards mainly because of the motherboard I am planning on using has a nforce2 chipset and AGPgart currently does not work in linux therefor currently ATI is out of the question. I would like to hear peoples experience with the GeForce FX cards or GeForce4 Ti and what cards would you seggest.

For TV Tuner I would know what is the best one that one can get working in linux. Only real requirement is that the audio is in stero.

Thank you for you seggestions

Juda

I am under the process of building a new computer (one of my many projects this summer) and I would like to hear suggestions on Video Cards and TV Tuners.  On the Video Card front I am leaning to the nVidia cards mainly because of the motherboard I am planning on using has a nforce2 chipset and AGPgart currently does not work in linux therefor currently ATI is out of the question.  I would like to hear peoples experience with the GeForce FX cards or GeForce4 Ti and what cards would you seggest.

For TV Tuner I would know what is the best one that one can get working in linux.  Only real requirement is that the audio is in stero.

Thank you for you seggestions

Juda

I have a the follow hardware list below, including Video Card. And I am running Mandrake 9.1 and everything rocks.