Time out to mail server

Guest tcreek

Guest tcreek

After reinstalling MDK 9.0, mail to my postfiux server is getting timed out. I can send mail out and check for new mail. inet interfaces are all set for "all"

Anybody know why mail is getting timed out?

Thanks

Guest tcreek

No....the message changed after a reboot. Now I cannot connect to port 110 and the email client says no socket error. I ran a check witn nmap and the port is open. Now I cannot even send with port 25 either. I did a "postfix check" and no errors.

These constant problems are starting to remind me of that TV ad. that Apple ran against M$ in the early 90s I think it was. Well these 2 guys are at their business spouting off M$ terminology (LTP1, COM2 etc.and other kinds of adjustments that need to be done) The seceratry walks by asks them what they are doing. They say "being more productive." They show her walking by again a little later and they are still doing the same things. As she is passing she says, "If you two get any more productive we will be out of business soon."

Well it seems the tables are turned. I just dont have time for all the the little thinks that go wrong and take days to research why this and that is not working.

Oh well..I give it another week while email to my server keep getting bounced.

Thanks.

PS...I did get a M$ Server 2003 6 month eval. I wonder if there will be a crack soon

Hey look... Don't fix what aint broke..

My experience in trying to get a mail server up that also runs a web-based interface, both redhat and mandrake were absolute cryte.!! They were impossible to get up and running, it took hours just to get half way through the job and then have something bomb out on me.

Also I had to download and install everything manually.

The debian worked beautifully first time. all that was needed was some configuration. installed everything straight of the ftp server.!!

I never used postfix, did not like it. I found qmail to be nicer and easier to configure (I used webmin to configure it). exim is also supposedly nice and easy to install-just some suggestions in case you're still floating around here tcreek. qmail worked beautifully (accept a few times I made some mistakes in configuration or forgot to open the firewall) from the get go.