9.0 to 9.1- now wont connect to internet

Guest tcreek

...forgot sthg:

Check your iptables Firewall:

"iptables -L" will show you all defined rules. If there are some, you should clear all firewalling for tests until we are shure, it isn't the firewall. Then you can start it again.

For deleting, check the manual of iptables, after deleting, all tables (INPUT,OUTPUT,FORWARD) have to be set to ACCEPT, check the manual again herefor.

Result:

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

target     prot opt source               destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Guest tcreek

Thanks for the input and help, but forget this. I have better things to do that keep wasting time on so maan problems on 9.1. Crap, I cannot even copy files to the floppy so I can show the IP tables, route and everything else requested. Yes I did mount the floppy, but hte OS locks up when I try to copy files. Lats night I went from 9.0 to 9.1 AGAIN..this time the piece of crap installed right over 9.0 not even asking if I wanted to upgrade. Not to mention it wiped out all my data depite my selected the option to NOT format the partitions.

Lets face it Mandrake 9.1 sucks.

Heck 7.xx was a heck of a lot harder to set up but had less problems. The more idiot proof mandrake gets the worse gets.

I guess I am going to Windows Server or SUSE, maybe 9.0