Question about security updates

Guest oukyle

I recently installed Mandrake 9.0 and then used the tarballs to install the ethernet drivers and the video drivers for my motherboard (NForce: MSI k7n420D). Now when I try to check for security updates via the "Download and install Mandrake security updates" in "What to do" >> "Administer your system" all of the mirrors give me the message: "There was an error while adding the medium via urpmi. This may be due to a broken or temporary unavailable mirror, or when your Mandrake Linux version (9.0) is not yet / no more supported by Mandrake Linux Official Updates. Do you want to try another mirror?"

My question is did installing either of these drivers (most likely the video driver since it required the kernel source to install) changed the kernel enough to make the mirror not recognize my version of Mandrake as 9.0? For both drivers I used the tarballs provided by NVidia. The video driver required 2 tarballs, NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123.tar.gz and NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-3123.tar.gz.

Also please assume I am an idiot when trying to explain this to me since I am just starting to learn to use Linux.

No !! Nothing you did would cause that problem. A few people have had that problem.

Go to Edit sources, and remove that source, then choose another source from the mirrors and try that.