WineX Compile Errors

Guest Grimey

Guest Grimey

cd `dirname dlls/__depend__` && make depend

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/grimey/wine/dlls'

cd `dirname d3dgl/__depend__` && make depend

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/grimey/wine/dlls/d3dgl'

../../tools/makedep -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -C. caps.c d3dgl_main.c fixedfunc.c light.c prim.c state.c texture.c vprogram.c       -C.

Makefile: Permission denied

make[2]: *** [depend] Error 1

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/grimey/wine/dlls/d3dgl'

make[1]: *** [d3dgl/__depend__] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/grimey/wine/dlls'

make: *** [dlls/__depend__] Error 2

Compilation failed, aborting install.

I don't get it...I ran it as root and as the user and it gives me the same thing each time, am I missing a step? Oh and I used the ./tools/wineinstall command by the way.

Notice the permission denied bit? Do a make clean and try again as a normal user (DO NOT COMPILE AS ROOT, you can mostly get away with compiling as a normal user and then installing as root). my guess is you compiled it as root sometime ago and some command removed the write permission bit. but its just a hunch.

ciao!

Guest Grimey

Hmm yea that could be because I usually always forget to check if I'm root or not so I'm sure that I did compile it as root, I'll check out that tutorial, but if I did do it as root is there a way to undo it so that I can start "fresh"?? I'll have to follow that tutorial cuz I really want to get winex working to see if it will actually play that game for me :P

let say you have a folder structure like this

/cvsproj/winex/wine
wherein all cvs files are inside the wine folder, issue the following command as root
 # chmod -r +w /cvsproj/winex/wine

# chown -r grimey.grimey /cvsproj/winex/wine

and proceed with a make clean as a normal user.

ciao!

Guest Grimey

Now what if I don't have a folder like that, I'm pretty sure it just got plopped into my /home/grimey/wine folder because that's where I installed the program, can I just do the same thing for that???

And just out of curiosity how would I make it go into a defined folder like that???

The easiest way, at least I think, would be to create the folder structure wherever you wanted (like your home directory), but just create the ~/cvsproj/winex folders. Then cd to ~/cvsproj/winex and run the cvs grab from there. It will automatically create the wine folder when you do that.

Now what if I don't have a folder like that, I'm pretty sure it just got plopped into my /home/grimey/wine folder because that's where I installed the program, can I just do the same thing for that???

And just out of curiosity how would I make it go into a defined folder like that???

/cvsproj/ is a separate partition of mine that i use to store all the projects that i build from the cvs (wine, gaim, mplayer, ffmeg, sylpheed-claws). i created a separate partition because i want it somewhere where it wont be touched if i reinstalled, repartitioned or installed another linux distro. i could have put it in /home but i wanted to make my /home lean and mean. and most important of all, i did it because i can (benefits of having a large harddisk):#:

anyway, just change it to wherever you are keeping your cvs views. im not referring to the place where you installed wine as that would be in ~/.wine/ but where you are downloading your cvs updates.you can just replace /cvsproj/wine with whatever is relevant for your setup.

ciao!