Gaim and Yahoo connection problem

liquidzoo

I am having an issue connecting to Yahoo Instant messenger through Gaim. I just updated to version 0.62 (texstar) but still no luck. All it says is something about not being able to read? Whatever that means. I thought it was a Yahoo problem, but I can connect on my laptop through both Trillian and Yahoo Instant Messenger so I'm stuck thinking that this is an issue with Gaim (at least, my installation of Gaim).

Has anyone else run into this problem? Is there an easy solution?

Thanks in advance.

guess no one knows or has had this same problem? Strange. Are there any other IM clients out there that will support the big 3? (AOL, MSN, Yahoo) I tried Kopete, but I couldn't get it to compile on my system. It gave me a huge list of conflictions and dependencies and I came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth the trouble.

I believe I had the same problem when I first tried it. Make sure that you click OK (or Apply or Save or whatever) in both windows, close Gaim and reopen and check the Accounts to see if the server is still changed before you try to connect.

Ok, here's what I tried:

I tried to change the server name for Yahoo and then shut down Gaim and restarted it. I got the same error that I was getting before on my Yahoo account, so I checked the server for that one and I found that it had reset itself back to the default.

Now what? I'm gonna look around at some other IM clients and see what else is there.