TuxGames

Guest ump

Guest ump

Hi

I hope someone hear can give me some advice. I ordered Creatures Internet Edition from TuxGames 21/2 weeks ago and have yet to recieve it I have sent numerous email to them but have yet to get any replys. There website states a week on the outside to get it to me. I have recieved 1 email the day after I ordered it stating my credit card was accepted and the game would be shipped next day. I am hoping someone here can provide me with some something to solve this problem I can't even find a phone number on there are where there based out of.

Hi  

I hope someone hear can give me some advice. I ordered Creatures Internet Edition from TuxGames 21/2 weeks ago and have yet to recieve it I have sent numerous email to them but have yet to get any replys. There website states a week on the outside to get it to me. I have recieved 1 email the day after I ordered it stating my credit card was accepted and the game would be shipped next day. I am hoping someone here can provide me with some something to solve this problem I can't even find a phone number on there are where there based out of.

I am in the same boat as you. I have pre ordered both MOHAA and SPEARHEAD from Tux games and there is still no release date on it yet even at the website. I don't have much patience either when it comes to waiting for Linux Games. Guess we both just have to keep biting the bullet. Doom 3 may be released before I see any light on MOHAA...

Hi  

I am in the same boat as you. I have pre ordered both MOHAA and SPEARHEAD from Tux games and there is still no release date on it yet even at the website. I don't have much patience either when it comes to waiting for Linux Games. Guess we both just have to keep biting the bullet. Doom 3 may be released before I see any light on MOHAA...

Medal of Honor is being ported by Icculus, who doesn't get paid to port most game clients. It is understandable that he needs to eat, and so therefore he is tied up with other work porting other software. He'll get to it when he can, and I'd rather see a completed port in a few months than an immediate release without sound. For the record, this has absolutely nothing to do with TuxGames.

While it may be true that the porting of Medal of Honor has nothing to do with Tux Games the fact that a shipment that was supossedly sent out 3 weeks ago has not arrived and that Tux Games will not responed to my emails has everything to do with Tux Games.

Guest msimms
While it may be true that the porting of Medal of Honor has nothing to do with Tux Games the fact that a shipment that was supossedly sent out 3 weeks ago has not arrived and that Tux Games will not responed to my emails has everything to do with Tux Games.

I investigated this when I heard about the comments on this forum. I am the CEO of Tux Games.

The only problem we have had a report of, regarding a situation with Creatures 3 went as follows.

We received a post on a thursday.

We received a second post asking why the first hadnt been replied to yet within a few hours.

We try and reply to all problems within 1 working day but sometimes that is not always possible, especially on that day when we were swamped with a LOT of emails about Majesty. So, whilst our goal would have been to reply by Friday, we failed, and when we did reply we apologised for this.

Saturday and sunday were the weekend, and then Monday was a public holiday so our email readers did not work. On Tuesday, which was the second working day after receiving his email we replied to his email telling him that we would check into it and apologising for the delay in reading the email. Bu this time we had received a total of 14 emails asking where his order was.

The next day (wednesday) we sent a further email explaining that the carriers could not locate the order, and we would give them a little time to investigate the problem and try and find a solution for it, but if they did not come back with an answer very quickly, we would ship a second copy so that he would not have to wait on the carrier to solve the problem.

By Friday, we had still not received an answer from the carriers, so we shipped a second copy.

On saturday, we received another 12 emails with EXACTLY the same wording as the emails from a week before sent to many different Tux Games mailing addresses (all this does is mean that the email sent to the wrong address gets forwarded to the correct address. The people at the 'info' address have no idea how to track an order).

On Monday, the replacement package was tracked as being received.

Now, I do not know who you as an anonymous poster on a board is, but I assume that you and the customer in question are one in the same. If so, then I feel that we did everything we could to solve the problem for you. We responded a little slower than usual due to a spurt in workload, but we have responded as quickly as we were able. When the carriers could not locate the order, instead of waiting for them to do so, we shipped a second copy meaning that even if the carriers locate the second package and return it to us (as we have now requested) we will make a loss on the order, as we had to eat up two lots of shipping and packaging costs, however our priority was customer satisfaction, not profit on each order.

If you feel we have somehow failed on this, you are welcome to email me personally and explain where you feel we went wrong.

Guest msimms
I ordered the rune expansion and it took them 6 weeks to send it and when i finaly got it they had sent me the origional rune. since then i just dont buy stuff from them.

I have no idea of the information about your order. I quickly glanced through our archives but nothing I could find on a 2 minute search yeilded any results of a problem like yours. However occasionally in the real world some things may be mispacked. This is just one of those things. People who package orders after doing so for hours will sometimes pick up the wrong item. Afterall, they are only human.

As for taking 6 weeks to ship something, I can safely say that unless something went VERY wrong we have never taken 6 weeks to ship anything we had in stock. Possibly you ordered the game when it was backordered, but unfortunately there is little we can do about that. Since Loki went under we have had a VERY hard time locating new stock and sometimes that does take 6 weeks to get to us. Sometimes longer!

If you received the wrong order in your package, you should have contacted us, and we would have asked you to return it and we would have sent a replacement order out. We would have refunded the cost of the return shipping to your card so you would not have had to pay for the shipping. If the error is ours, there is no reason you should have to pay, afterall.

When it comes down to it, Tux Games is only filled with people, not machines. We make mistakes sometimes, but when we do we will try and solve them in the best way possible. Again, if you feel that we did not try to solve your problem, please let me know and I will investigate this. If however you stopped ordering from us simply because we packaged the wrong thing once, then Im sorry, we would have lost your business in the end anyway, cos sooner or later we would have made a mistake.

We never claim to be perfect, we know we will make mistakes, but we claim to do all we can to solve a problem when they do happen.

I ordered the rune expansion and it took them 6 weeks to send it and when i finaly got it they had sent me the origional rune. since then i just dont buy stuff from them.

You need a copy of the original Rune to play the expansion... Why would you order the expansion if you didn't have the original yet? I remember you on IRC when you first got it, and you could have talked to Michael directly about it then, but you didn't... You seemed happy about getting it, and you didn't say that they made a mistake until now... Why is that?

I investigated this when I heard about the comments on this forum. I am the CEO of Tux Games.

The only problem we have had a report of, regarding a situation with Creatures 3 went as follows.

We received a post on a thursday.

We received a second post asking why the first hadnt been replied to yet within a few hours.

We try and reply to all problems within 1 working day but sometimes that is not always possible, especially on that day when we were swamped with a LOT of emails about Majesty. So, whilst our goal would have been to reply by Friday, we failed, and when we did reply we apologised for this.

Saturday and sunday were the weekend, and then Monday was a public holiday so our email readers did not work. On Tuesday, which was the second working day after receiving his email we replied to his email telling him that we would check into it and apologising for the delay in reading the email. Bu this time we had received a total of 14 emails asking where his order was.

The next day (wednesday) we sent a further email explaining that the carriers could not locate the order, and we would give them a little time to investigate the problem and try and find a solution for it, but if they did not come back with an answer very quickly, we would ship a second copy so that he would not have to wait on the carrier to solve the problem.

By Friday, we had still not received an answer from the carriers, so we shipped a second copy.

On saturday, we received another 12 emails with EXACTLY the same wording as the emails from a week before sent to many different Tux Games mailing addresses (all this does is mean that the email sent to the wrong address gets forwarded to the correct address. The people at the 'info' address have no idea how to track an order).

On Monday, the replacement package was tracked as being received.

Now, I do not know who you as an anonymous poster on a board is, but I assume that you and the customer in question are one in the same. If so, then I feel that we did everything we could to solve the problem for you. We responded a little slower than usual due to a spurt in workload, but we have responded as quickly as we were able. When the carriers could not locate the order, instead of waiting for them to do so, we shipped a second copy meaning that even if the carriers locate the second package and return it to us (as we have now requested) we will make a loss on the order, as we had to eat up two lots of shipping and packaging costs, however our priority was customer satisfaction, not profit on each order.

If you feel we have somehow failed on this, you are welcome to email me personally and explain where you feel we went wrong.

First of all thanks for your reply on this fourm.

I recieved my copy of Creatures yesterday and I thank you for that but as for as post I am not sure what your refering to I have emailed Tux games several time never within hours of each other and as of late last night have still have not recieved a response this is the first I have heard of this. I have emailed a total of 8 times over a 3 week period trying to get a response. Never have I sent 12 emails in a row within hours of each other if you say you did reply then I am sorry but I never got them.

You also state I am a anonymous poster again I ask what you are referring to I have never posted to this board as anonymous I don't even think you can the only communication I have had with your company is the emails I sent to which I did not get a reply for whatever reason I would love to speak personally on this matter as so we might detirmine what went wrong as I would love to order for your company again but I am a little gun shy at this point.