What to download?

NavyLT

Can someone please tell me what exactly I need to download in order to get the latest snapshot of Cooker? Is the ISO file listed as Beta 1 under 2008.1 updated regularly or is it the original from when it was first posted? I tried rsync on the i586 directory of a mirror under the devel directory, but it went on for 3 hours and was only 25% complete on my high speed connection, so I think I was getting much more than needed. I cannot do an install directly off the mirror sight using all.rdz and vmlinuz-all because I only have a wireless connection which does not start until I either load the madwifi modules or the kernel I built with the drivers built in.

Thanks!

Beta 1 is the same from when it was posted there, through you can download and install it, then add cooker repos and come to the latest version of everything. That's how my laptop is run, I install 2008.0 and then just add the cooker repos and update.

Beta 1 is the same from when it was posted there, through you can download and install it, then add cooker repos and come to the latest version of everything. That's how my laptop is run, I install 2008.0 and then just add the cooker repos and update.

Thanks!

So, I will get the Beta1 iso file, install it from my harddisk, which I have done many times before :-). Then, since the bug I had was that X would not start, in command line I will add the madwifi driver modules, which I have to first add the kernel source from the iso to do. Then I need to figure out how to start my wireless connection in command line. Then add a media source for an FTP mirror and update all using URPMI...

Wow, time to hit the books!

But,